Monday, May 10, 2010

Vitamins for the Mind by Jim Rohn

Influence/Association

There are two parts to influence: First, influence is powerful; and second, influence is subtle. You wouldn't let someone push you off course, but you might let someone nudge you off course and not even realize it.

We need a variety of input and influence and voices. You cannot get all the answers to life and business from one person or from one source.

Attitude is greatly shaped by influence and association.

Don't spend most of your time on the voices that don't count. Tune out the shallow voices so that you will have more time to tune in the valuable ones.

"No" puts distance between you and the wrong influence.

You must constantly ask yourself these questions: "Who am I around?" "What are they doing to me?" "What have they got me reading?" "What have they got me saying?" "Where do they have me going?" "What do they have me thinking?" And, most important, "What do they have me becoming?" Then ask yourself the big question: "Is that OK?"

Don't join an easy crowd; you won't grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.

Some people you can afford to spend a few minutes with, but not a few hours.

Get around people who have something of value to share with you. Their impact will continue to have a significant effect on your life long after they have departed.

No comments: